We offer a range of services that can affect the environment in many ways. In providing these services, lots of waste can be generated. The most notable environmental issues from our stores are:
- The use of chemical products (dyes, bleaches, solvents)
- Water use and wastewater disposal
- Energy usage
- Solid Waste (Paper towels, product containers, packaging)
Going green and being conscious about environmental issues doesn’t mean we’ll be pedalling for power or cutting hair in the dark but we do have a responsibility both in our stores and with the advice we offer about hair care at home. With this in mind, we have made the following changes this year to decrease our impact on the environment:
- Easydry now supplies our towels. Easydry towels are biodegradable, kinder to your skin and are single use.
- LED lighting has been installed across all stores to reduce energy wastage
- Coffee machines are now installed at every store, which helps us save a considerable amount of energy.
- The complimentary beer that you enjoy at Everyman is always recycled after you have finished.
- All of our backwash products are made from pre-recycled or recycled plastic.
- Water saving taps and attachments are due to be installed at Everyman locations across the country.
- All solid waste including paper towels and packaging is also recycled.
We realise as a barber, we are in a unique position, as the practices we model in our stores and the message we give to our clients about ‘greener’ behaviour has the potential to make the world of difference - quite literally.
We are not perfect, and there’s still lots of work to do, but we are continually working towards making our stores greener while still offering the same excellent service.